Mothers Against Concussions (MAC) always welcomes the opportunity to develop new corporate relationships that will further our mission to protect the children and increase public awareness of the problem of concussions in sports, and to aid the families of those who need assistance”. MAC provides grassroots leadership to create major social change in the attitude and behaviors leading to concussions in sports in order to promote, safety, progressive public policies, programs and personal responsibility. MAC efforts in this area are also encouraged and supported by the government, corporations, educators, the media and public.
Below, you’ll find our standards for consideration in a partner relationship and help you determine if a partnership with MAC will meet your business objectives. Please review the following carefully before completing and submitting the Corporate Proposal Form.
Criteria for Businesses Seeking a Partnership with MAC
- MAC seeks partners who have a strong brand image.
- MAC corporate partners should tie into a specific MAC messaging program, initiative or campaign
- Business or product must have operated/been available to the public for a minimum of one (1) year.
- To ensure that all cause-related marketing promotions benefiting MAC are consistent with best practices, MAC recommends a minimum financial commitment of $25,000.
- For cause-related marketing promotions, MAC expects a minimum donation of 10% of the product’s retail price and a minimum contribution.
- Our cause-related partners must agree to publish our logo and web site address with every cause-marketing initiative to better build a connection between partner’s consumer base and MAC.
MAC follows the Better Business Bureau Standards for Charity Accountability, and expects any possible sponsor to also operate under guidelines of full disclosure to consumer. These guidelines require clear disclosure to the consumer (e.g. $1 from the sale of each item) on all packaging, advertising and promotional materials in clear and unambiguous terms. Your company/organization must be able to comply with this requirement.
If your company meets these initial criteria and you’d like to explore a mutually beneficial relationship with MAC, please complete and submit the Corporate Partner Proposal Form.
Although MAC is the beneficiary of proceeds through its partnerships, we have no ability to sell or distribute products for our partners. However, MAC may publicly acknowledge its corporate partners and corresponding relationship. Because of our non-profit status, we cannot advertise for our partners or promote our partners’ products or services (directly or indirectly) or give the perception of marketing or endorsing a product on behalf of a partner.
- MAC does not support campaign/programs where the messages that target youth not to play without proper protection for each sport. Instead, messages should convey clear “Use”.
Logo & Licensing Marks Usage Guidelines
MAC owns the registration for the Mothers Against Concussion name, logo, names, programs and licensed marks, as well as pending marks. Written permission is required for use of any of these licensed marks. A party that desires to use these licensed marks must execute a written contract with MAC that outlines how the licensed marks will be used; otherwise, use of the licensed marks and pending marks is not permitted.